Monday, September 24, 2012

Painting Ahoy!

Its been a while since I've been to an actual gaming store.  The irony is that when we relocated, a Comic Book/Game store was right down the road, and owned by friends of ours no less.  It was one of the things that had me so excited about our new location.  Sadly, events played out that lead to that store closing and they tried to give it another go at a new (and equally close) location but that went belly up also.  So basically, I've been reduced to whatever gaming resources I can find at Barnes & Noble and downloading pdfs online.

Last Wednesday, we found a Games Workshop location about ten minutes away from where we live.  After some interesting escapades trying to pin down the exact location - because apparently building addresses on major roads no longer adhere to logic - we got a chance to look around and shop.  I picked up two new miniatures while talking to the owner of the store, who was quite nice and genuinely seemed to enjoy the conversation.  Needless to say, I saw a lot of things there I would have liked to be able to take home and hopefully some of them will be in amongst Christmas gifts.

This all leads me to my main point of topic though; painting.  I'm trying to get back into it, since its been quite a while since I last painted a miniature.  The Games Workshop location is scheduled to have a painting contest this coming Saturday, September 29 and I'm toying with entering it.  The projects I chose are - hopefully - within my level of skill to complete to the imagery I have in mind.  I plan on taking some photos of them, as well as snapping a few shots of the other models entered into the contest.  Here's hoping I'm not overreaching here.

No comments:

Post a Comment